1. Former addicts share Suboxone stories that could keep users in a cycle of addiction
“Broken relationships with my family and being fired multiple times,” exclaimed the SGL Recovery cabin director and former addict.
2. District leaders roll out ‘My Recovery DC’ campaign to fight opioid abuse
The campaign is meant to inform locals as to how they can find treatment and mentors while battling opioid, alcohol, and other drug addictions.
3. My Life with Bipolar Disorder: A Story of Hope and Recovery
Being a teenager is hard but being a teenager with a mental illness is even harder. My mother was the first one to notice my symptoms. She forced me to see a psychologist at 16 years old because she found marijuana in my bag.
4. As attorneys seek remedy, stories of those hurt most by the opioid epidemic kept out of the courtroom
Nearly 500 miles northeast of Huntington sits Centralia, Pennsylvania, a once-booming coal town that collapsed practically overnight after a coal seam caught fire 300 feet underground, possibly by a fire set in a landfill in the 1960s.
5. The Recovery Room: News beyond the pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has dominated the headlines and our daily lives for more than a year. Medical News Today has covered this fast-moving, complex story with live updates on the latest news.